For your comfort and well-being, it is important that you are suitably prepared and equipped for the trip. From as low as 3ºC in the wee hours of the morning to as high as 23ºC in the daytime, the weather on the mountain can range from sunny to misty to foggy. And when it rains, be ready for the sight of stunning, cascading waterfalls.
While Mountain Torq will provide all the required technical and safety equipment required for its activities, you may wish to refer to this checklist on personal items you should be packing. These are what mountain hikers would normally pack for a trip.
- First on the list: an adventurous spirit!
- Sufficient and suitable clothes for your stay
- A raincoat or waterproof jacket
- Warm clothing like a fleece jacket and hiking pants
- Change of clothes for sleeping
- Protective Gear
- Cap / beanie / head scarf (to keep warm at night and in the early morning)
- Sunglasses, sun block and SPF lip balm
- A rain cover for your backpack
- Comfortable covered trail/ hiking shoes with extra socks
- Useful and Practical Extras
- A small / lightweight towel
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle
- Torchlight (preferably a head torch or a handheld torch with a lanyard)
- Camera (with a lanyard)
- Energy snacks such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets or energy bars
- A suitable backpack to contain these things. Waterproof what you can, it rains often in Mt Kinabalu.